This Week at Mobile Money Summit in Cairo
This week will happen an important event to discuss about how the technology could help Africa to manage money and finance. Several organizations such as UN and World Bank is looking at solution to support finance and bank develop in Africa but the story belong not only to Africa, remittance and move credit to place away from our home are only some reason to be present there.
The developed world need to be care about business are possible to create in Africa and the last book of C.K. Prahalad: The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid: Eradicating Poverty Through Profits contains several suggestions in order to make profits in developing countries.
But how tecnology could help and how mobile technology could help ?
For sure in many places computer are not present in any village and families instead mobile phone are. Mobile could help navigating Internet, sometime the unique manner, could make to manage money as in M-PESA, Vodafone’s own mobile transactions service in Kenya and could help to be connected in rural areas of our planet. In places where physical bank branches are far away and ATM need wire to be connected a mobile phone is the solution. What about our countries ?
Hope to see you in Cairo here is the main speaker at the event:
- Naguib Sawiris, CEO and Chairman, Orascom Group
- Christina Gold, President and CEO, Western Union
- Napoleon Nazareno, President & Chief Executive Officer, Smart Communications, Inc.
- Dr. Nick Hughes, Head of International Mobile Payment Solutions, Vodafone
- Sonny Sannon, President, South Asia, Middle East and Africa, MasterCard Worldwide
- Delwar Hossain Azad, Dy. Director & Head, Financial Services, Grameenphone
Event Open and Welcome from:
- Robert G. Conway, CEO and Member of the Board, GSMA
- Farida Khambata, Vice President for Asia, Latin America, Middle East and North Africa, International Finance Corporation
- Dr. Tarek Mohamed Kamel, Minister of Communications and Information Technology, Arab Republic of Egypt
- H. E. Dr. Mahmoud Mohieldin, Minister of Investment, Arab Republic of Egypt